Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Beauty Tip Tuesday: DIY Caviar Nails!



Caviar nails is a very interesting nail trend. I couldn't resist trying it! I think that the Caviar Nail Kits are way overpriced so I decided to do something on my own. This should cost you about $10 as opposed to $25! Plus, you get a lot more beads the DIY way!What you need:

  • Microbeads. You can find these in the scrapbooking aisle at the craft store.
  • Nail Polish
  • Small Container- I used the cap from my hairspray

Directions for doing the caviar effect on your accent finger (ring finger):

{Begin by pouring some of your beads into your container}

  1. You will be painting your ring finger before all other fingers. This way, you can correct any mistakes with your other fingers without messing up your polish.
  2. Paint the first coat of polish and wait about 2 minutes.
  3. Paint the second coat of polish.
  4. While you nail is still wet, dip your finger in the container full of beads. Make sure you coat your nail completely.
  5. Pull your finger out but keep the nail over the container to keep your mess at a minimum!
  6. Gently push beads down to lock beads in place.
  7. Gently remove any stray beads.
  8. See the photos below!


I hope you enjoyed this tutorial! If you try this, please email me your photos! I'd love to see how they turned out!



Add me on Facebook

&
Follow me on Twitter


 

No comments:

Post a Comment