Friday, June 1, 2012

Friday Fitspiration: STOP Making Excuses!



        Do you find yourself making excuses a lot? Do you often tell yourself and others "I was going to do this but..." or do you often say the dreaded phrase "I can't"? My favorites are "I can't afford a gym memebership" or "I don't have a ride to the gym" or "I'm too busy". It costs NOTHING to go outside and run in your neighborhood. It's also free to do squats, push ups and ab work in your livingroom. There are also a ton of people that are just as busy or even more busy than you are who find the time to take care of their bodies! Well if you are serious about getting healthy...STOP making excuses! Do you know who you are hurting? Yourself. Who's health are you sabotaging? Your own.

      Let's be honest, no one can change your life for you. You have to do it on your own, no one will hold you hand and do it for you. I'm only being so blunt because I used to make excuse after excuse about why I couldn't do certain things in the gym. My favorite thing to say was "I can't physically do it!" Which is SUCH a lie! I used to say this about running. Then, I realized I could run 4 miles. Once I had built myself up to running mile after mile I realized how much I've been holidng myself back. I realized that if I stopped making excuses a year ago that I would be even farther along in my journey! It wasn't until I stopped making excuses that I realized I went down 3 pant sizes! I realized that I could do this! I stopped going through the motions at the gym and put in REAL effort.

       I'll be honest, there are still days when I find myself making excuses and I actually annoy myself by doing so haha! What I'm trying to say is please stop holding yourself back! You are capable of much more than you think! Get healthy to see your kids grow up. Get healthy to grow old with your spouse and friends. Most imporantly, get healthy for YOU!


Add me on Facebook
&
Follow me on Twitter

No comments:

Post a Comment