I've never really been one to get acrylic nails and actually keep them on for long periods of time. I usually would get them for a wedding or school dance and within a month or two I would take them off. I always hated how I would have to nurse my nails back to health after taking off the acrylics. Long story short, I like to keep my natural nails in tact. Everyone is always asking me if my nails are fake! What's my trick to keeping them long and healthily? Simply keeping them painted. This keeps them strong and less prone to cracking and breaking. I've been looking for new designs and colors for my nails and I came across this gem. Newspaper Nail Art! It seemed easy enough so I thought I would give it a try! I love how it turned out so I decided to share it with all of you!
• Start with clean nails
• Paint nails a light gray, tan or any other color you prefer
• Let nails dry completely
• One at a time dip nail in rubbing alcohol for 5 seconds
• Immediately press on newspaper clipping and hold for 15 seconds then gently pull of newspaper clip from nail
• Let dry
• When dry, paint a clear coat on nails to keep newspaper print from smudging!
• Use a cotton swab to remove any excess (as you can see from the picture I haven't completed this step yet!)
Email me pictures of your nails if you try this :-)