Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Beauty Tip Tuesday: DIY Curling Wand



It's my favorite day of the week, Beauty Tip Tuesday! Today I'm going to focus on our hair since I haven't done so yet. I've mentioned before that I have an addiction to purchasing beauty products and that includes hair care products and tools. I'm constantly browsing YouTube for beauty tutorials and I realized that a lot of videos include the use of curling wands. For those of you who are not familiar with curling wands, they are curling irons without the clamp so you simply hold the ends of your hair and wrap your hair around the wand (as seen in the photo above). Since I have an addiction, I instantly wanted to run out and buy myself a wand of my own! I ended up resisting the urge when I realized I could make my own. Here's how I did it:


  • Use any size barrel curling iron you'd like.
  • Grab each side of the stand with your fingers and it will pull right off.
  • Remove screws on clamp from both sides using either a screwdriver or a small wrench.
  • Unscrew the spring.
  • That's it, you're done! It's really that easy!
  • Now, go paint the town with your beautiful curls!

No comments:

Post a Comment