This DIY project is so quick and easy I wish I made one a long time ago! The supplies are inexpensive and the project itself doesn't require much artsy talent at all! All of the supplies I used can be found at your local craft and dollar stores.
Here's what you will need:
~Wooden picture frame of any size you'd like
~Acrylic Paint (color of your choice!)
~Lace: This can be of any pattern. You can choose different size lace ribbon or use a full sheet of lace to cover the entire inside of the frame.
~Hot glue gun
~Paint brush (I used a foam brush from the dollar store)
- Remove frame from any plastic wrapping and discard of glass and backing. (Of course you can keep this if you have another use for it!)
- Paint frame with the color of your choice. (It's up to you if you want to paint the back as well. If you are hanging the finished product up on your wall or something, then you can probably leave it as is.)
- Let that first coat of paint dry before applying a second coat.
- After the second coat is dry, cut lace to your desired lengths.
- Hot glue the ends of lace onto the back of the frame in whatever pattern that suits you.
- You can choose to add some ribbon onto your frame using your glue gun to hang it up. Or you can just lean it up against something as I did.
- Be creative and decorate it however you want!
- Now that you're finished, hang up your earrings and enjoy! :-)
Email me your pictures if you try this project!
You can also add me on Facebook :-)