Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Beauty Tip Tuesday: Color Blocking Nail Art



Color blocking is trending in the fashion world this season. Color blocking is a technique where blocks of solid colors are placed next to each other to add visual interest. This technique is usually seen with clothing but I decided to try it on my nails! This time, I decided to only do my accent nail (ring finger) but this would look great on all of your nails!


What you need:
  • 3 (or more if you want!) different color polishes of your choice
  • Scissors
  • Scotch tape
  • Clear top coat
  1. Cut tape into different shapes that you would like for your design and set aside
  2. Paint a base coat of one of the colors on all of your nails (ex: I painted all of my nails orange to start)
  3. Let polish dry
  4. Place "tape shapes" on your nails and paint your remaining 2 polishes around tape as desired. See picture below!
  5. Apply top coat and your good to go!

New Beauty Tips Every Tuesday!

Add me on Facebook
&
Follow me on Twitter

No comments:

Post a Comment