- Hands free! Whether you're on the treadmill, elliptical, or arc trainer...don't hold onto the bars! I promise you won't fall off! Plus, you are working your core because you have to work harder to stabilize yourself! You will get a better workout if you are hands free!
- Leave the books, magazines and phones at home or in your locker! You are there to work out not to read and text! You should be focused on getting the most out of your workout!
- Proper form. When doing any exercise, it is important to use proper form. Especially when weight training. Improper form can result in injury and your muscles not to form correctly.
- Sweat it out! If you are not sweating, you are not working hard enough. Simple as that!
- Step outside your comfort zone! If you are running and you're sweating like a pig, your legs are on fire and you just wanna stop...keep going! When it gets difficult, work harder. THAT'S when you will see results!
Friday, April 20, 2012
Friday Fitspiration: Don't cheat yourself!
So, I've been working out for about a year and a half now. Working out is not always fun and I found that sometimes I was just going through the motions just to get it done. Recently, I realized that I've been cheating myself in the gym. Lately, I've been working much harder and using proper form. What a difference I've been feeling! If we are going to work out we have to do it all the way! The only person who will suffer from it is the person not doing it! Here are some tips on how to make sure you are not cheating yourself: