Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Beauty Tip Tuesday: DIY Lip Color

Happy Tuesday! It's my favorite time of the week, Beauty Tip Tuesday! If you're anything like me, you probably have some lipsticks that you don't use anymore. Don't let them go to waste! Today I will show you how to make your own lip color. Let's get started...


You will need:

  • Metal Spoon
  • Small Jar (empty lip balm container works well)
  • Lipstick (multiple shades)
  • Tooth pic
  • Stove/candle
Directions:
  1. Cut a small amount off of the tip of your lipsticks and place in spoon
  2. VERY carefully begin heating the spoon over the stove or candle
  3. You may want to wear an ovenmit in case the spoon handle gets too hot
  4. Once the colors have melted, bring away from heat and mix with toothpick
  5. Do the previous step quite quickly before lip color hardens.
  6. Poor your new lip color into your jar
  7. Enjoy!
I chose 2 colors that I never wear because one of them is very dark and matte. This color would go onto my lips very roughly. The other is a little too light but has a nice smooth, shimmery finish. Once I mixed them together I got the perfect, creamy shade with a nice hint of shimmer!



Add me on Facebook
&
Follow me on Twitter


No comments:

Post a Comment